Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Article about Pleasant Rowland

  1. #1
    Inactive Member amsinstl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi all,
    I found this article about Pleasant Rowland, thought you might enjoy it.

    In Search of Pleasant Rowland, The Creator of the American Girl Dolls

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The link doesn't work. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks! That's a really cool article! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks for the article I found it very intresting.

    Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great article. I admire her for standing up for what she wants. I think a lot of powerful women are looked down upon for standing up for themselves because that is not seen as "feminine" enough. I don't know if that is what is happening with her philanthropies, but I always wondered.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great article. I don't think Ms. Rowland is being criticized in Aurora for being a feminist, though. My impression from the little I've read is that she isn't very accepting of other people's input, which is perfect when you're creating your own company but may be less so when you're recreating a whole community.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •